Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Just a short post today, and even though I really, really want to complain about Hubs I'm not going to.  I want this blog to be more about my daughters than my marriage.

Tomorrow we go back to see our pediatrician, probably to talk about Boo's reactions to medication.  I'm not sure what to tell him because I honestly don't see a lot of changes when she's on the medication.  Hubs says there is a huge difference, but maybe that's because he doesn't see her all day long like I do.  Anyway, I can't say I'm looking forward to the appointment, but I plan to ask if we should get a therapist for Boo and ask about home strategies for homework and chores.

My mom came back from her vacation and I had hoped that talking to her about this new situation would make me feel a lot better.  She hasn't come out and said as much, but I think she thinks the ADHD diagnosis is crap.  Every time I talk about some behavior of Boo's, she'll say to me, "Oh, but all kids are like that!" or "You did the same thing when you were her age".  I really needed her in my corner, just so that someone would be there, but I don't think she's on board.  So now I'm really on my own.  It's a very lonely and hopeless feeling.

More tomorrow after we see the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment